Sorry that it has taken so long for me to post anything. I have been waiting to get the video from Larry's retirement. We finally got it tonight. Larry and I have watched it. It isn't the best video, but you will all be able to see and get an idea of what went on. The guy that recorded it added some stuff in the end and at the beginning along with most of the music that you will hear playing. Sometimes it drowned others that were talking out. We are grateful to be able to have had it done since usually you don't have your retirement video taped. As soon as I can figure out how to get it on here or You Tube, I will send links to everyone. My friend Kris was having a hard time getting the video of the triplets birthday on her blog because it was too large so I am not sure if I am going to have the same problems or not.
In other related news Larry start his new job at Electric Boat on October 27. He is not completely sure yet if he likes it. He will tell you that it is different. In the Navy if there wasn't anything going on you went home. In the real world you cannot leave until you have put in your 8 hours. I just keep telling him "Welcome to my world."
Rachael has also had a few changes at college. She has decided to change her major from Forensic Biology to Forensic Chemistry. She was having trouble in Biology and needed to drop it and after exploring what her interests were in what she was taking now realized she enjoyed Chemistry more. We are just happy she has found what she likes. She cannot picture herself doing anything else.
Allison is having a great time in Washington, DC. This has been a great experience for her. I know she hates to come back home and go back to Eastern. She has been accepted for another internship here in Connecticut for the spring semester. She will be working in the policy deparment in the legistative office in Hartford as a lobbyist for the Governor. This has made her extremely excited and happy as this is exactly where she wants to be and what she wants to be doing. Larry and I could not be more proud of her.
As for me, I will be graduating in December with my Associate Degree in General Studies with my major concentration in Sociology. I will then continue on to obtain my Bachelors in Sociology. Who knows how long this will take me. I am quite proud of myself that I have managed to accomplish what I have.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment