Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I still have not been able to upload the video of Larry's retirement to here or to You Tube. Please be patient and I will work on it after the holidays. We are off this evening to head to New York City to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We will come back on Friday morning. Yes, I know the Roach's are crazy and the weather will most likely be brutally cold or raining. We did this 9 years ago and it poured down rain. They do not stop that parade for anything. Rachael came home last night from college and Allison will be in this AM on the train. They will both be here for the holiday. We are all headed to Germany for Christmas to stay at the Edelweiss Resort and Lodge. The girl, Jon (Allison's boyfriend), and I leave on December 23 and Larry will leave on December 24. Our Finnish exchage student Lotta is going to meet us there with her husband and daugther along with Kathleen, our German student, and her sister for the holidays. We are all looking forward to this vacation. It will most likely be the last one we take as a family since the girls are getting so old. I was happy Larry is able to go. He gets the time off due to shutdown. However, 4 of those days will not be paid. That did not make me too happy. He is still trying to get acclamated to his new job. It is a different world for him. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. Please keep checking. I will get this video up here one way or another.

No comments: